Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270888 and growing!

Dollar averaging on Oil ETFs, using Thinkorswim - AsianBookie.Com Forums

Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum 
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > Dollar averaging on Oil ETFs, using Thinkorswim

» CHAT Now! «  [ 345 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: Dollar averaging on Oil ETFs, using Thinkorswim       - Views: 1401
星星知我心
11-May 2012 Friday 11:32 PM (4369 days ago)               #1

Liked By: 113
Followers: 3

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

With Thinkorswim platform, we are talking about purchasing units with very low commission. US$5 for 100 unit (I can't remember the exact units, you have to check it out urself).

Now, there are some stocks that are quite resistant to economy shocks such as commodities, inverse stocks, etc... won't go into that.

I purchase ETFs related to Oil, crude Oil to be exact. When oil prices go up, i stay in stock. When it goes down, I purchase in say, $1k for every 1% down in the ETF. let's say it goes down 10%, you can say I have put in $10k.

Granted, taking into consideration that the Oil prices are also in danger of correction. But I shall take comfort in that the prices have already been corrected in the previous crisis. Perhaps there's another correction, big time, that is looming, but that's where we gauge our reward-risk ration. Plunge in if you think it's safe, or otherwise not.

In time, oil prices goes back and forth, and there's where our dollar averaging and take profits come in. I choose to take partial profit when it hits the supposed resistance line and there, I let the stakes remain in force.

Now, the danger is selecting the correct ETF and again, the platform broker - Thinkorswim. I choose this because they have an office in Singapore just recently, and at that, I can always say I have an outlet for me to bang office in case I need to.

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
TRANSFORMERS
(Est. Nov 2011)

Team Ranked: #119 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 875,000 Total Members: 314
[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > Dollar averaging on Oil ETFs, using Thinkorswim

Change Timezone:   

4. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service